11/16/10

Nighttime Routines

Barbra Streisand is genius beyond genius. I always have an affinity for old movies (don't we all???) "Don't Rain on My Parade" and "Funny Girl" seem to always top my list that I occasionally write out for "Fresh Talent Show Songs" and I always seem to chicken out afterwards. Nowadays it's hard to find a song that no one has sung in the past five years and Glee certainly isn't going to stop for another, I assume (and DEARLY hope) three seasons...it certainly reminds me of a never-ending talent show.

So, anyway, why I had that little shpiel in the beginning there was because I <3 broadway (ode to cheesiness), but, strangely enough, my bedside-falling-asleep-audio (not exactly successful for falling asleep) has not been my Wicked, Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, Bye Bye Birdie, etc. etc. CD. It has been this:
What is THIS you may wonder? Aha, it is my Mozart CD + Nature Sounds = makes me feel old. *sighs* It is very, very relaxing however. I haven't been getting enough sleep, which is probably due to the fact that I read right before bed, and then subsequently forget that the time is creeping into the wee hours of the morning....but anyways, this helps. A whole lot. I just have to make sure I go to the bathroom beforehand. (cough, water sounds) And though those beautiful concertos are sporadically punctuated by the squawk of some wild bird, it is a pretty good sleep-inducer.

I also wear this before bed...
Elle Woods moment...okay, let me explain.
My mom loves eyemasks, so the obvi (I hate that word, which is precisely the reason I must ridiculously sprinkle it here and there...although I'm not sure I'm using it in the correct context.) thing to do was go to the dollar section and buy one. And then forget to give it to her. And use it instead. Because it's comfortable and those glow-in-the-dark stars are really beginning to bug you.

And books.

My nighttime reads. Actually I've finished these, so I can caboodle a bit on them.

Now, I know I'm way behind the bandwagon for Memoirs of a Geisha, but frankly, these past, what, three, two years have been busy!!! No, for me it was just one of those books I always promised myself I was going to read, flipped around the pages, and had it end up sitting on my shelf for a very long time and I am so inexpressibly happy that I was able to pick it up again. I should write a haiku for it, about its details details details and witty moments and its inexplicable ability to make you feel like you want to hurl about some bits but still love it at the same time and make you have the urge to stand up as a proud feminist.

Onto Safe Haven. This is what Safe Haven is supposed to make you feel like....Let me diverge for a second...

I don't usually read Nicholas Sparks. Nah, who am I kidding, I NEVER read Nicholas Sparks. (Although isn't my thumb gorgeous?)  Well, anyway I decided to pick up Safe Haven. It was good. Ahem. (That "good" says a lot, doesn't it?) I don't know, it's one of those books that attempts to be a romance, drama, and action-packed adventure all in one and is...good...but not gripping-the-edge-of-your-seat-but-in-my-case-bed-post-because-I-don't-read-in-a-chair. So, the picture above...supposed to be frightening but really makes you want to find out what's in that pink and white bottle. Kind of like a book I know...nix the pink and white bottle full of earring cleaner.

When I have time...so, like, never, I watch this. I know the theme song by heart and have seen all but two episodes. It's sad.

Mooshers!

The Novelmaven

No comments:

Post a Comment