11/28/10

They're BAAACK!

Just arrived from holidaying and I'll get the pix uploaded soon...that is if I don't procrastinate and I'm finished with everything (including having some good old-fashioned "nothing" time. just sitting and staring at toenails pathetically. it's a nice practice.) Let's hope it's by the end of this year!

I'm too darn lazy to upload photos now, even though it's only nine. Jetlag's got me--it feels like one in the morning. Vacation was sooo deliciously warm and tickly (don't judge) and wonderfully mind-rotting. Mmm. It's freezing now, so I might as well get on with this blogpost, though so I can get to sleep.

Vacationing Books DOs and Don'ts:

Don't...bring that very bestest book in the world that you've read six million times and the cover's nostalgically worn in and that's only pictures and weighs about two thousand pounds (I tip my hat off to Henry and the Purple Crayon)

bring three paperback copies of the same exact edition of Gone With the Wind (ahem.)

bring more than 3 books unless you're going on a month-long "vacation" when in reality you are escaping the country to a remote village in the West Indies because you have been falsely accused of committing a truly heinous crime that you will eventually write a book about and find your true love and rescue your hat and....I've watched Indiana Jones too many times. No, really I stick by this as a self-induced rule (but no one said how large the books can be. wink, wink).


Do...bring any book that is incredibly hard to get through but you must finish it for a deadline. I've been there. You'll be bored out of your mind during the travel, so, might as well. Just make sure it isn't a hardback copy or a rare edition. You can just leave those for me...

bring large paperback books

bring a GOOD book

I brought:

The Christmas Carol
by: Charles Dickens (Vintage Charles Dickens edition)
I love this edition. It comes with two bonus stories and it has a gorgeous cover. Plus it's appropriately in season. All I need now is a mug o' hot cocoa and some ridiculously large marshmallows. And a puppy. And a unicorn. And a pony.

The Phoenix and the Carpet (mentioned in the last post. go read it.)
Edith Nesbit

Oooh, I can't wait till break again! And I haven't seen the new HP movie! SHAME!

The Novelmaven

bookworm, harold, dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment