8/16/10

My Very First Blog

Ahahaha.
You would think this would be a momentous occasion. Trumpets blowing behind me, miniature dogs yapping , and girls clad in ridiculously sparkly leotards waving batons...
And why?
This is the Novelmaven's first, public appearance in the internet world. YAY! I know, I've been living under a rock. (Random person: Do you have a twitter account? Me: I'm not a bird. *sigh*)


On other, less depressing subjects. In case you haven't noticed I like books!!!

On books:

When people ask "What is your favorite book?" my answer shall, and always will be, thus:
I can give you my top five favorite books so far in eight separate categories!
In which they walk away.

When people ask "What are you reading right now?" my answer shall, and always will be, thus:
Several hours of analysis of my current reading list, which usually includes five or more delightful books.
In which they walk away.

When people ask "Do you have a facebook account?" (which, I conclude in an afterthought, is completely irrelevant to my previous writing excursions...) (and which they do in exorbitant numbers!!! I wonder why?) my answer shall, and always will be, thus:
No. (And something else, depending on the person)
In which I walk away. Unless I am on the phone. Then I bite into a (insert food of your choice) defiantly.

When people ask "Can you recommend me a book?" my answer shall, and always will be, thus:
Me: What do you like to read?
Them: 1._________ or (and I bury my face in the hands at the thought) 2."I don't read" or 3."I like books about talking dogs"
Me: to 1. ______ ______ ______ and ______ or perhaps _______ to 2. I have the greatest sympathy for you. to 3. Blink.

The Novelworm

2 comments:

  1. *tap* *tap*
    Um, is this on?

    Great start.. nice pic..
    I'll subscribe and tell me what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I never been in Heaven but as I got into your blog I felt as if I was in a portion of the Heaven Garden. I saw so many unreal flowers and smelt mysterious fragrant. I adore your blog as much as I've been adored yourself. Thanks Arthur to guide me in. Your special follower. Grand Do

    ReplyDelete